James Spence Irons
James Spence and Longburn Gourlay originally started their St Andrews club making business in St Andrews a few years before the year 1900. The original logo was S&G.
Life is unpredictable and the great war interrupted golf proceedings. In 1917 war service began and golf club manufacturing halted. After the war James Spence returned to golf and St Andrews. He was now equipped with a wonderful flag pin logo and just his name on the brand.
From 1922-1926 he ran his business until Forgan and Sons purchased his business and the famous flag pin logo seen on Forgan and Sons clubs after 1926.